David Hinds Limited ("we" or“us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is David Hinds Limited of Unit R, Cherrycourt Way, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 4UH with incorporated in England and Wales with company number 00852725. David Hinds Limited is notified as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with number Z7110978.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Adam Hinds.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.celestron.uk.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· Details of transactions you carry out via our nominated ecommerce supplier, Shopatron Inc (“Shopatron”) and of the fulfilment of your orders.
· Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, primarily by cookies;
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· To notify you about changes to our service; and
· To transfer your personal data to Shopatron where you wish to purchase our goods on line.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at David Hinds Limited, Unit R, Cherrycourt Way, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 4UH.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We may use the following cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
· Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|use_hitbox||YouTube||We use YouTube to embed a selection of videos on our product pages. The embedded videos do not set cookies themselves and can be played with no cookies set. However, if the ‘Share’ button is clicked YouTube will set these two cookies.||Strictly Necessary: No
Expiry date: Current session
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||YouTube||The VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie attempts to estimate your bandwidth and the use hitbox cookie increments the ‘views’ counter on the YouTube video. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies a user.||Strictly Necessary: No
Expiry date: 240 days
|YouTube||This cookie is set by YouTube and is a 3rd party cookie served by the domain youtube.com. It may be set when a visitor to this website clicks the ‘Share’ button on an embedded YouTube video. This cookie may be used by YouTube to store session preferences that relate to your activity when watching the embedded videos. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies a user.||Strictly Necessary: No
Expiry date: 365 days
|cartId - PHPSESSID||www.celestron.uk.com||This cookie is essential for our site and enables us to track shopping cart items as you move around our website and between visits to our website. We use session cookies to ensure that you are recognised when you move from page to page within our web site If we did not use session cookies then goods placed in a shopping basket would disappear before a user reached the checkout.||Strictly Necessary: YES
Expiry date: 30 days
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to this policy